Miami Valley Housing Opportunities (MVHO) is now hiring Janitors.
Established in 1991, Miami Valley Housing Opportunities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the housing needs of many of our community's most vulnerable citizens. We provide appropriate, safe and affordable housing for many who would otherwise be homeless.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 3 years previous experience preferred.
• Experience with persons having mental disabilities preferred.
• Must be customer service-focused.
• Must be dedicated to quality management.
• Must observe safety and security procedures.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Valid Ohio driver’s license required.
• Perform minor repair of all buildings and equipment.
• Replace broken windows; repair doors, door locks, and closets; install window blinds.
• Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Provide information regarding MVHO property maintenance operations and activities to the MVHO Maintenance Director.
• Assist in implementing a Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
• Assist in completing Property Maintenance Work Order Forms in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in completing required paperwork to track acquisition, inventory, and disposal of fixed assets in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in the supervising and evaluating the performance of property maintenance service and supply vendors.
• Drive New Hope Villa van to purchase janitorial and maintenance supplies for NHV Building.
• Work with Maintenance staff to prepare for Section Eight inspections.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
• Gather and empty trash.
• Service, clean, and supply community restrooms.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
• Monitor building security and safety.
• Move furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Trim landscaping and shrubbery with hand and power trimmers, as well as clear debris from grounds.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
• Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
• Develop and maintain an effective working rapport with tenants, vendors, contractors and employees of MVHO.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
• Building maintenance and custodial skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• You must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including some major holidays and outside normal working hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.