New Hope Villa (NHV) is now hiring a Kitchen Supervisor.
We offer the following benefits:
• Paid holidays and/or double-pay for all holidays worked
• Paid time off
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Hartford Retirement Options after the first year of service and 1,000 hours worked
• MVHO-paid basic term life insurance and optional additional coverage
• Medical and Dental plan options
• Must submit to a drug test (urinalysis).
• Must pass a criminal background check.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license at time of appointment.
• Must have reliable personal transportation.
• Must be available and willing to work weekends, as well as some Holidays.
• Facilitate the menu planning and meal preparation for the residents of New Hope Villa.
• Provide leadership for New Hope Villa Kitchen Staff and Temp Employees as needed.
• Directly supervise all New Hope Villa Cooks.
• Ensure monthly scheduling and adequate staff coverage for all NHV Kitchen Staff.
• Order all food, supplies, and equipment for the food service operation at New Hope Villa.
• Assign and direct work in the kitchen.
• Appraise and evaluate performance of all cooks.
• Address complaints and resolve problems within the kitchen department.
• Work in conjunction with the New Hope Villa Director to regularly track and monitor expenditures to ensure department costs are within or on target with facility’s projected budget.
Established in 1991, Miami Valley Housing Opportunities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves the housing needs of many of our community's most vulnerable citizens. We provide appropriate, safe and affordable housing for many who would otherwise be homeless.
MVHO owns or manages more than 500 rent-subsidized, service-supported housing units located throughout Montgomery County.
We also manage federal rent subsidies that allow us to serve more than 450 formerly-homeless persons, helping them to remain stably housed in apartments owned by private landlords.We work collaboratively with other social service providers in our community to make sure our tenants are linked with the services they need.
MVHO also operates the local Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) Program, through which our outreach team works with people who are currently homeless and living on the streets, to help them along the path to becoming stably housed.
Please submit your resume by October 1st, 2018.
It is the policy of Miami Valley Housing Opportunities that no person shall be subjected to employment discrimination based on veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.